Friday

Hoping for green....

There's been too much white in my world this year.  

The name of my band is White Noise.  The banshees were white.  The hospitals were white...  

Right now a heavy pillow of snow called Nemo is pressing down on the entire north east and smothering us all.  (Really?  Give a storm a name that spells "omen" backwards and what do you expect?).

The popcorn we're eating at the Connor household tonight is white.  

Hmmmm.......

It's not that I hate popcorn (or my band for that matter), but I guess I'm hungry for something with more color.  Like spring.  Or even the wearing 'o the green for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day.  

Or the green I'm hoping to make when I get my book published.  Listen, it isn't that I'm not into it for the storytelling (kinda take after Dad that way, I think), or the art of it, or so I can prove that I'm not crazy.  It's just that I still have to pay my brother Mike back for that little "incident" with the credit card.  He said it's my Christmas present (for several years to come) but I don't feel right about it.  


Maybe if I shovel really well tomorrow I'll find a four leaf clover under the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment